You can edit a category in the Knowledge base by clicking on the edit icon next to the category
This opens the edit category page:
The settings are:
- Category name - the name of the category
- Description - A short text what the category is about
- Exclude from external KB - if this is checked, the category is not available in the KB for the Support Center, only when you view the KB when logged in as a normal user.
- Default "Exclude from external KB" for sub-categories and sub-articles" - This setting has three options:
- Do not exclude - categories and articles under the edited category will by default have the setting "Exclude from external KB" setting unchecked when created.
- Exclude - categories and articles under the edited category will by default have the setting "Exclude from external KB" setting checked when created.
- Inherit from parent - categories and articles under the edited category will have the default setting for "Exclude from external KB" that the parent of the edited category has. If that also has 'Inherit from parent', then the system will check further up in the tree. If it does not find a category with the "Exclude ..." setting, it will look at the setting on the root of the KB itself. Yes, this is not entirely intuitive. Note: The 'parent' here is not the edited category, its the parent of that category.
Save - this button saves the category
Remove - this button deletes the category.
Move to Category - select a category in the dropdown and then choose Move to move the category to be a subcategory of the chosen category. Moving a category to /Root moves it to the top level, just under the root of the knowledge base.