This is where you manage your products/services/components/Config items.
Note: The actual name depends on what is chosen in the Terminology page. (We have generally used Configuration Item in the text, but Product is used in some of the screenshots.)
The page is split into three parts: The tree panel to the left, the config item grid in the top right, and the tab panel in the bottom right.
When you click on a config item in the tree, the top right grid will show it and all its sub-items, while the bottom will show the information about the config item.
Add configuration item: This will open a blank new Configuration item that you can edit and save.
Configure item types: This opens a dialog where you can see the available item types, and add new ones of your own. You can also add existing standard fields and/or custom fields to specific config item types. You can choose among the custom fields defined on Config item in the account settings.
Config Item tree panel: This shows the hierarchical structure of the config items.
There are a couple of quick buttons in the top right of the tree panel to refresh the tree, expand/collapse all nodes and to hide the tree panel itself.
You also have a Search row. Entering your search here will filter out the matching items in the tree.
Use wildcards(*), AND, OR and parentheses to refine your search string.
Config item context menu: Right-click on a node to open a small context menu.
All options below may not be available for all item types:
Create child node: this works the same as "Add configuration item", except the parent is set to the selected node item.
Add Release: This adds a child node of the type "Release"
Add Product module: This adds a child mode of the type "Product module"
Add new issue: This has a submenu showing the projects that you have access to. Click a project to create an issue in that project with the selected configItem node as the product on the issue.
Permissions: This will show a standard permission popup where you can set the permission on the selected ConfigurationItem
Copy node: This will copy the selected node. You will see a ConfigItem tree selector where you can select the parent item/CI/Product of the copied node. Selecting the root 'Products'
node will put the copied item with no parent.
Export product data: This exports the selected product and all its subproducts to a file format like Excel.
Import product data: This opens an import dialog, where you can choose a file with a list of products/configuration items to import. The imported items will be set as subitems of the currently selected configuration item
Refresh node: This refreshes the item and all its subnodes.
Show in google maps: If the configuration item has location information like an address, or latitude/longitude information, the system will show it in a google maps page.
Grid table: This shows the sub-items for the selected config item.
You can click on an item in the list to navigate to it. Click on the column heads to sort the list on the column subject.
In the column context menu (click on the small down pointing arrow in the right of each column) to select what columns you want to include in the grid table.
The toolbar have some functionality:
- Filter: click on this icon to activate the filter mode where you can filter the product list further.
- Clear filter: clicking on this removes any filter selections made in the filter mode.
- Actions: Check a number of products and then select one of the options in this menu:
- Import product data - This opens an import dialog, where you can choose a file with a list of products/configuration items to import. The imported items will be set as subitems of the currently selected configuration item
- Export product data - This exports the selected product and all their subproducts to a file format like Excel.
- Delete selected products - This deletes the checked products after a confirmation dialog.
- Show inactive products - Check this checkbox to show inactive products in the list.
- Show in google maps - This will show the checked products/configItems/locations on google maps, if they have address data or latitude/longitude fields.
- Add to contract - This will add the selected products to a Contract. In the dialog you get the option to search for an existing contract to add the products to, or to create a new contract with the products.
Information tabs: These tabs contain different information relevant to the selected config item.
General: This contains all general data fields of the selected Config item:
- Name: The name of the Config item (Product/assset/etc)
- Parent: The parent item of the config item, if any. If no parent, then the item is under the root level in the tree.
- Created: When the config item was created,a nd by whom. This is set after creation.
- Start date: Some uses of config items correspond to a process with defined start and end date. This is the start date.
- End date: Some uses of config items correspond to a process with defined start and end date. This is the end date.
- Status: This is the current status of the config item. Config item statuses can be created adn defined in the account settings (General -Settings - Product settngs - Product statuses.
- Type: This is the type of the config item. Config item types are configured by clicking on Configure item types above.
- Location: This field is used if the config item has a location where it is situated. You can add and edit Locations in the account settings (General -Settings - Product settings - Locations)
- Vendor: This field is used to represent who sold an item. Vendor is a company. Set which company types to choose vendors from in the account settings: (General -Settings - Product settings - Standard fields configuration)
- Manufacturer: This field is used to represent who made an item. Manufacturer is a company. Set which company types to choose manufacturers from in the account settings: (General -Settings - Product settings - Standard fields configuration)
- Owner: Who owns the item. This is a User of type "all except support users"
- Purchase date: The date of purchase
- Item number/tag: Identifier id number of the item. This can be the product code or similar.
Relationships: This table grid shows all other Config items that have a relationship with the selected Config item:
Issues: This contains all issues with the selected Config item in the Product field or another config item field.
Documents: This contains all documents attached to the selected Config item.
Contracts: This table grid shows all contract items associated with the selected Config item.
KB links: This table grid show links to all knowledge base articles which have the selected Config item set.
Issue templates: This table grid show links to all knowledge base articles which have the selected Config item set.
History: This tab shows a history log for the selected Config item.
Iterations: This table grid shows all Iterations (The terminology may also be sprints/Phases/Sprints/etc) that are associated with the selected Config item.
Users: This contains the users associated with the selected Config item.